Well, that didn't take very long, did it. :( I was supposed to run six miles today, but ended up doing four. I was mad, so I really ran hard on mile three. Take that, stupid shin splints. They aren't bad, just painful enough to know that I needed to cut my run short. No worries though, I'll ice it and cross-train tomorrow instead. I have a feeling that it's because I'm not stretching my calves enough. After the first mile today I had to stop because my calves were so tight. I'm sure it was pulling on my medial tibial muscles. I have been devout about stretching from the knees up, but have not properly stretched my calves. It's all connected...I can't sluff off when it comes to stretching. You wouldn't think that would be hard to remember or do, but stretching is sometimes harder than the actual run! For me, stretching is absolutely necessary to stay injury-free. I have yet again learned my lesson.
Tomorrow I will look to my bike for cardiovascular comfort. Maybe I'll test out the waters on Thursday. I've got a bike ride on Friday, a long run Saturday, and a race on Sunday! I hope I'm feeling better by the weekend! Week 2 of Marathon training looks to be a bust. :(
Oh that sucks!! Biking is a good idea! Get some ice and rest and maybe a date with dr. pain. Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteHow r u feeling today? I hope much better :)
ReplyDeleteGood! Of course, you know that now. You also know that I haven't checked my blog in a couple days! :) I can still feel it after today's run, but it's faint. I think the time off really helped. As long as I don't overdo it next week, I should be just fine!
ReplyDelete