I always enjoy long runs not just because they are run at a slower pace, but because I can gab with my running buddy, Christine! Today's run was tough because of the humidity (we were told it was over 90%)!
Here's a piece of our conversation where we were just trying to keep going:
"Let's start running at that big tree."
"Ok"
"Don't count the little trees, just the big ones."
"Do we just stop at the trees on the right or do we count both sides?"
"Oh, yeah, let's do both."
Run, walk, run walk, run walk.
Four houses down...
"I hope nobody's watching us."
We talked about our marathon training, why we run, the weather, our family, & friends, our plans for the weekend, our jobs, our injuries, other runners, electronic devices, books, food, and more. It's not just a run, it's a social cardio event. It starts my weekend and closes my training week. It's the cohesive binding in my book of running, so to speak, and I am a better runner for it.
After my run today, I will have run 20 miles in less than 24 hours! (9 miles yesterday, 11 miles today) Cool, huh? Just had to throw that in there...:)
HAHAHAH your post made me laugh!!! Almost forgot about our "runner-brain" conversations. The best part about running are running buddies. Thanks for hanging in with me :)
ReplyDelete:) It's funny the things we remember from our runs! I figured out my hydration vest, so I'm good to go! I'll use it tomorrow for a 8 miler and see how it does. I'll let you know. Hope you enjoyed your weekend with friends!
ReplyDelete