Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Run for the Doggies!


Today was the SPCA Rescue Run! At 7am, the gun went off and so did we. After my long run with Christine yesterday, I was tired the rest of the day. And although I felt like my normal self today, I could tell that I wasn't 100%. I had no intentions of a PR today. I went out with Christine and we stayed together for the first 1.5 miles. We talked and it was really enjoyable! I looked over one time at her and she was taking a picture of herself while running! :) She's so talented! The other runners huffing and puffing around us probably thought we were crazy!

Although we didn't PR, it was a great recovery run and we even had enough energy to sprint to the finish! The t-shirts, although just a cotton shirt (no tech t) are really cute too! It was tough getting up this morning, but afterwards I always feel so much better.

This was a great end to my 2nd week of marathon training! Tomorrow will be the start of week 3, where I will begin core training at the gym, attend some yoga classes and start lifting some weights. Ugh! I"m going to be sore by the end of next week. And my running buddy has family visiting, so no long run to look forward to! :( Week three will be tough...

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what a cute puppy picture :)
    Hang in there in week 3, you will be fine!!! I hope I can keep up with you afterwards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope you have fun with your family this week! I'll manage to muddle through this long run on my own knowing that I won't be running the next one without you! :)

    ReplyDelete