Monday, June 6, 2011

Marathon Training Week One - Done!


The first week of marathon training is complete and it's time to start the next! My weekly mileage goal was 33 miles and I ran 34.5. I also cross-trained on the bike for about 25 miles too! Boy that cross-training helps. It really gives my legs a chance to recoup from pounding the pavement.

I admit, I started too high on my weekly mileage. I'm used to 28 miles a week, so this was over the 10% rule. Because of that, I'll repeat this same mileage again this week. I don't feel tired, and I've monitored my RHR every morning and so far so good.

Unfortunately, this Summer is looking to be a brutal one! The next three days are in the 90s. Let the early morning runs begin!

Today is an off day, but I'm staying motivated with a Netflix movie I rented called, Marathon Challenge! Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo impressed with your mileage!!! You rock Kim! :) We should do a movie night with popcorn and a good running movie!!!

    ReplyDelete