Thursday, July 21, 2011

Persistance Pays Off

Today's run was awesome! I planned a steady state run of 6 miles, but felt so good, I decided to tack on an extra mile after doing negative splits. I love, love, love those runs when you finish and sweat is just streaming down your face and you just feel like you could do anything. That euphoria...known as the runner's high, is like a drug - a big lovey-dovey, dopey drug. A high that's actually good for you.

Boy was it hot and humid! Today's heatwave index-high is expected to reach 117. And although I wasn't running in that temperature, it was in the low 80s (felt like mid to high 80s) with over 90% humidity. Pretty incredible that I could actually be feeling good after 6 miles in that. I'm acclimated, and my training IS working!! Now it's just a matter of staying injury-free! I just love running...yup, the high is still there.

2 comments: