Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Marathon Training Officially Begins in Six Days!!

My first marathon will be October 2nd at the Wineglass in NY. I'll begin my official training on the 30th, which just happens to be my birthday. A gift that will keep on giving until October 2nd. Then a memory that will last a lifetime. I'm not doing this alone, thank goodness! My friend, C. will be training with me so I'll have a fantastic running partner on those long runs. I'm going to shoot for 60-70 miles a week at my peak.Yeah, we'll see how that goes. :)

I ran 5.71 miles today and it was brutal! It was 86 degrees, but the weather channel said it felt like 96 with the humidity. What a battle that was getting through just those couple miles! I tried to slow down, but it's difficult when you've been running at a certain pace through the winter and your body is used to that. Normally, it takes me 3.5 to 4 miles to warm up, then I'm good to go. But today my body was fighting me all the way. I've decided when I run tomorrow it will be MUCH earlier and cooler! This heat stinks!

1 comment:

  1. 60-70 miles a week? Are we doing the same training? :) Love your blog layout!!!

    ReplyDelete